The Department of Internal Affairs
36-38 Matthews Ave
- Freephone: 0800 824 824 (Monday to Thursday 8:30am-5pm, Friday 9am-5pm)
- Post: PO Box 257, KAITAIA 0441
- Courier: 36-38 Matthews Ave, KATAIA 0410
The people of Whirinaki, Hokianga, used the Community-led Development approach to help in developing projects that will sustain the health and vitality of their people, the land, their waterways, ngahere, flora and fauna, and cultural heritage. Whirinaki was one of four communities that agreed to work in partnership with Community Operations to pilot the community-led development approach over five years.
By standing beside each other and "paddling in the same direction" they have worked for the benefit of their community and environment.
Watch their video to find out more about their projects and the highlights of their journey.
The Kaitaia team supports the Lottery Northland Community Committee and the Far North COGS Committee.
The Far North COGS committee area covers all townships within the Far North District Council boundary.
Lottery Northland Community has made the following grants:
The Lottery Northland Community committee area covers:
- all communities within the Far North District Council boundary
- all communities within the Whāngarei and Kaipara District Council boundaries.