Kaupapa Māori organisations are whānau, hapū, iwi and other Māori groups who:
- provide, or intend to provide, services to Māori individuals, whānau, hapū, iwi or other Māori communities
- are owned or governed by Māori individuals, whānau, hapū, iwi or other Māori communities
- have accountability to whānau or hapū, iwi or other Māori communities
- are dedicated to meeting the needs of Māori clients
- apply Māori language, philosophy and principles.
Why Hāpai Hapori is working with Kaupapa Māori organisations
We prioritise working with Kaupapa Māori groups and organisations because we understand that Kaupapa Māori means literally ‘a Māori way’ and is connected to Māori philosophy and principles.
Kaupapa Māori accepts, without question, the validity and legitimacy of Māori, the importance of Māori language and culture, and is concerned with having autonomy in developing cultural-wellbeing.
Our partnership with Kaupapa Māori organisations affirms our commitment to honour our Treaty obligations and dedication to effectively deliver services to Māori.
To find out how we can help and where to find us follow the link below: