The Ethnic Communities Development Fund is for supporting ethnic communities. Your group must meet the purpose and at least one of the priorities.
You can make a request to the Fund at any time throughout the year.
New Zealand communities are welcoming and inclusive, and ethnic communities connect and take part in society.
The priorities of the Fund are:
- grow a socially inclusive Aotearoa New Zealand,
- educate New Zealanders about the contribution/benefits of ethnic communities,
- develop capability and ability within ethnic communities,
- encourage participation in employment and society, including via community employment initiatives,
- support ethnic community-led development projects,
- support ethnic communities to thrive through the practice and celebration of culture,
- support alternative means for ethnic communities to stay socially connected, and
- improve community resilience and support their recovery from COVID-19.
If you want more information about requesting funding from the Ethnic Communities Development Fund, including what you need to provide with your funding request, please visit the Ministry for Ethnic Communites page at the link below: