The Safer Communities Fund is a Crown fund for communities at risk from hate crimes and terrorism. It provides funding to upgrade and implement security arrangements.
Safer Communities Fund Outcomes
You will need to show how the proposed security upgrade or project will:
- Help reduce the threat and impact of future hate crimes and terrorism against your community.
- Create a safe and secure environment for your community so that you can practise your faith, congregate, and maintain community networks.
Safer Communities Fund Priorities
Requests to the Safer Communities Fund will need to show that the proposed security upgrade or project is:
- Suitable for the level of risk or threat that your community faces.
- An appropriate size and scale to meet the needs of your community.
Your organisation will need to be able to:
- Successfully develop and deliver the security arrangement and/or project.
- Show how you will manage and maintain the security arrangement and/or project in the future.
When to apply
Round opens: Wednesday, 15 November 2023
Round closes: Wednesday, 21 February 2024
The panel will meet early March 2024 to consider applications from the next round. However, the panel may meet under urgency prior to 21 February 2024 if there are applications with exceptional circumstances. Each case will be considered on its own merit.
Please email SaferCommunities@dia.govt.nz to enquire about any potential urgent applications.
If you have not applied to this fund before, please contact an advisor on the email below: