Logging into the Grants Management System
To log straight into the online grants management system, follow the link below:
If you are having difficulty logging in or would like to contact us for advisory support, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively, call 0800 824 824 to leave a voicemail message and we will get back to you within three working days.
Me pēhea te tuku tono pūtea mā tō rōpū hapori
How to make a funding request for your community organisation
Follow these instructions to make a funding request in the Department of Internal Affairs' online grants management system on behalf of your community organisation.
If you have not signed into the grants and client management system before, you will need to set up a RealMe account. You will be prompted to do this when you log in to the grants and client management system for the first time.
You can also set up a RealMe account on the RealMe website. For more information, follow the link below:
You can use your existing RealMe login if you have one already, or you can create one when you begin. You do not need a verified RealMe account.
Step 1: Create your personal profile
- Log in to the grants management system using your RealMe login.
- Enter your name and contact details into the registration area.
- Select 'submit request'.
If your registration is successful you will receive an email confirmation. We will contact you if there are any issues.
Step 2: Link to your organisation’s Organisation profile
- Select ‘My profile’ to view your details.
- From here, select ‘Link to a group/organisation’. You can connect to an existing Organisation profile or a new one.
Link to an existing organisation
Enter the Organisation ID and select ‘save’.
You will be linked to this Organisation profile once the organisation’s Profile Secretary has confirmed your connection to it. If you do not have the Organisation ID, ask the Profile Secretary for this.
Note that your organisation can have more than one Profile Secretary on an Organisation profile.
Link to a new organisation
Enter the group name and location, then confirm you have the authority to do this. Select ‘save’.
Once a Funding Administrator has confirmed this organisation requires a new Organisation profile, you will be linked to it and receive an email confirmation. The Funding Administrator will contact you if they have any questions.
Step 3: Fill in an online request form
- Select ‘create a request’ to view a list of funds open for requests.
- Select the fund you want to apply to and fill in the form.
- You can save your draft by selecting ‘Save’. Draft will appear in the sidebar under ‘Saved drafts’. Click ‘edit’ in the top left-hand corner to continue filling out your request.
- Once you have completed your request and uploaded any supporting information, send it for consideration by selecting ‘submit’ in the bottom left-hand corner.
What an organisation needs to apply for funding
An organisation requesting funding must have:
- Two people with the right to sign the organisation’s bank accounts.
- A cashbook (hard-copy or electronic) that is updated regularly.
- A person responsible for the organisation’s financial information.
- An up-to-date Organisation profile in our online grants management system.
- A document from the bank showing the organisation's bank details. This could be a bank statement, printed deposit slip or letter from the bank confirming the account name and number.
An organisation may need to have:
- A document confirming who the Profile Secretary is (if the Profile Secretarys have changed in the grants management system).
- A record of the grants awarded from other funders.
- Reported back on any completed Hāpai Hapori grants.
- Up-to-date tax records.
You must update your Organisation profile before making a request
Each time you make a request for funding you need to make sure the information in your Organisation profile is up-to-date.
Your Organisation profile can be updated at any time by the Profile secretary.
Your organisation can have more than one Profile Secretary on the Organisation profile.
Important things to check are that:
- your financial information is up-to-date or available on the Charities Services register
- your bank account information is correct
- you upload a new bank account slip for any new bank account details