The Trust has about $250,000 to give as grants each year. There is no minimum or maximum grant amount. Grants have ranged from $2,000 to $50,000.
There is no longer an Expressions of Interest process when requesting funding from the Trust. The Trust decided to switch to two full funding rounds per year. The opening cycle for the new rounds is February and August each year and will start with the February 2018 round.
The objectives of the Trust shall be to encourage and promote:
- the enhancement protection and conservation of the physical environment of the Pacific and of its natural and historic resources;
- the peaceful economic, physical, and social, development of the Pacific and of its peoples;
- the peaceful conservation and development of the cultural heritage of the peoples of the Pacific;
- peace understanding and good-will between the peoples of the Pacific.
Citizens or organisations from these places in the Pacific may put in a request for funding:
- American Samoa
- the Cook Islands
- the Federated States of Micronesia (Chuuk, Kosrae, Pohnpei and Yap)
- French Polynesia
- the Marshall Islands
- New Caledonia
- New Zealand
- Northern Mariana Islands
- Papua New Guinea
- Solomon Islands
- Wallis and Futuna