Lottery Waikato Community Committee
The Waikato Community committee area covers:
- all communities within the Hauraki and Thames-Coromandel District Council boundaries
- all communities within the Waikato and Matamata-Piako District Council boundaries
- all suburbs and communities within the Hamilton City Council boundary
- all communities within the Waipa, South Waikato, Otorohanga, Waitomo and Taupō District Council boundaries.
Ngā Hua / Outcomes
The Waikato Community committee outcomes are:
- communities have established collaborative relationships and partnerships to achieve similar goals
- older people participate and contribute to families/whanau and communities
- young people engage, participate and add value to their communities
- volunteers are recognised and valued, receive training and are well supported
- rural, isolated and vulnerable communities have access to quality services, infrastructure and technology
- the organisation seeks outcomes beyond the value of the grant itself.
Lower priority will be given to administration costs, events and topping-up existing government contracts.
Lottery Waikato Community has made the following grants:
Request a grant from a regional Lottery Community committee if your project or service is for only one Lottery Community region and will only benefit a community or communities in that region. This includes if your group is an independent branch of a national organisation where your project or service will only benefit the region in which your grant request is made.
There are two funding rounds for Lottery Community each year. The opening and closing dates are the same for all the Lottery Community committees. We receive around 2,500 Lottery Community requests each year. Due to the demand for grants please try to submit your Lottery Community requests well before the closing dates.