Lottery Manawatū Whanganui Community Committee
The Manawatū / Whanganui Community committee covers all of the Horizons Regional Council area, including:
- all communities within Palmerston North City
- all communities within the Whanganui, Waimarino and Rangitikei District Council boundaries
- all communities within the Tararua District Council boundaries
- all communities within the Manawatu and Horowhenua District Council boundaries
- all communities within the Ruapehu District Council boundaries.
Ngā Hua / Outcomes
The Manawatū / Whanganui Community committee outcomes are:
- people in the community have increased opportunities to connect with each other through locally-led activities
- programmes, activities or projects focus on the strengths of participants, rather than fix problems, and are led by those who receive benefits from the programmes, activities or projects
- increased collaboration (formally working together on a shared single goal) between the community organisation and/or members of the community
- Māori customs, language, and/or world-view are meaningfully integrated into the community sector and the delivery of services, particularly where the organisation operates with a kaupapa Māori.
Lottery Manawatu Whanganui Community has made the following grants:
Request a grant from a regional Lottery Community committee if your project or service is for only one Lottery Community region and will only benefit a community or communities in that region. This includes if your group is an independent branch of a national organisation where your project or service will only benefit the region in which your grant request is made.
There are two funding rounds for Lottery Community each year. The opening and closing dates are the same for all the Lottery Community committees. We receive around 2,500 Lottery Community requests each year. Due to the demand for grants please try to submit your Lottery Community requests well before the closing dates.