What are the Pacific Development and Conservation Trust's priorities?
The Trust prefers to fund projects that:
- encourage and promote social, cultural and economic self-sufficiency;
- improve legal access to facilities or resources necessary for social, cultural and economic self-sufficiency;
- improve health, living standards and quality of life;
- protect endangered or threatened species;
- protect unique habitats and ecosystems;
- promote sustainable management and use of natural resources;
- protect or restore sites of important historical, environmental or cultural heritage;
- raise awareness of, or improve access to, historical, environmental or cultural heritage;
- build capacity in local communities particularly for developing indigenous ecological knowledge;
- improve cooperation and communication between communities; or
- encourage peace, security and greater understanding between people, cultures and communities.
Important dates for the Pacific Development and Conservation Trust
The next opening and closing dates for Pacific Development and Conservation Trust requests and the decision meeting date are listed at the link below: