COGS provides grants to non-profit community groups and organisations delivering community-based social services, projects and events. Grants are one-off contributions for:
- the running or operational costs of organisations that provide community-based social services
- community development costs, such as hui, training, planning, evaluation and facilitator fees
- community projects or event costs that:
- encourage participation in communities
- promote community leadership
- promote social, economic and cultural equity.
Organisations requesting COGS grants need to show how their community-based services or projects will contribute to:
- encouraging participation in communities
- promoting community leadership
- developing community capability
- promoting social, economic and cultural equity, or
- reducing the downstream social and economic costs to communities and government.
Each Local Distribution Committee (LDC) also develops community outcomes they see as having priority from discussions at annual public meetings where communities are able to discuss what local benefits or outcomes they want from the COGS investment in their communities. These LDC outcome priorities are below.
COGS committees prioritise community-based organisations delivering services to one or more of these priority sectors:
- Pacific communities
- other ethnic communities
- older people
- rurally isolated people
- people with disabilities
- youth and children
- unemployed people
- community-based organisations with limited access to other government funding
Local Distribution Committee priorities for 2020
Each of the 37 COGS Local Distribution Committees (LDCs) have their own priorities. There is a link to the full list of COGS LDC priorities at the link below:
Important dates for COGS
The next opening and closing dates for COGS requests and the Committee decision meeting date are listed at the link below:
The closing date for COGS grant requests is the same for all 37 local COGS committees each year. Due to the demand for COGS grants, please submit your COGS requests well before the closing date.