The Department of Internal Affairs: Community Operations
7 Ronwood Avenue
- Phone: (09) 362 5188 or Freephone: 0800 824 824 (Monday to Thursday 8:30am-5pm, Friday 9am-5pm)
- Post: PO Box 76 451, Manukau, AUCKLAND 2104
- Courier: 7 Ronwood Avenue, AUCKLAND 2104
The Community Operations teams support the Lottery Auckland Community committee and six COGS committees serving Auckland City communities and neighbourhoods:
- Great Barrier Island COGS Committee
- Rodney / North Shore COGS Committee
- Waitakere COGS Committee
- Auckland COGS Committee
- Manukau COGS Committee
- Papakura / Franklin COGS Committee
The Auckland teams also administer the Ethnic Communities Development Fund in partnership with the Office of Ethnic Communities - this Fund is available for communities around the country.
Public meetings are held before the COGS funding round opens each year. Public meetings are an opportunity for local people and community organisations to help set the outcomes for COGS funding in their local area and to meet the local committee that makes the decisions on their COGS grant requests. Community groups and organisations are encouraged to attend.
Community participation in public meetings helps ensure COGS decision-making is community-driven and supports a range of community needs.