The Lottery Fund for Community Benefit Related to the 2021 America’s Cup may provide funding for capital projects and items that:
- relate to the hosting of the 2021 America’s Cup; or
- connect New Zealanders to the 2021 America’s Cup.
Ngā kaupapa matua / Priorities
Priority is given to applications requesting capital projects and items that:
- will benefit the community in the lead up to, or during, the event, and post 2021
- show it’s appropriate in size and scale for their community
- provide opportunity for a diverse group of people to actively participate, interact or connect
- have community support
- demonstrate the organisation’s ongoing management of the asset in the future.
Ngā kaupapa ka tautokona ā-pūtea / What we fund
Lottery grants may not be used for any of the following:
- repaying or servicing debt
- refinancing loans, deposits or underwriting projects
- commercial, political and/or religious objectives, including employment and/or business initiatives, commercial enterprises, political advocacy or projects which seek to change legislation
- fundraisers and projects which seek to raise funds in or for a specific sector, or are involved with the training or employment of fundraisers
- projects which seek to redistribute funding to others
- overseas aid or disaster relief
- alcohol and drug treatment, education and support services
- medical expenses, operations, treatments or the purchase of major items of health equipment
- capital investment or trust funds
- projects or activities completed (retrospective funding) or items bought before the request.
What the Lottery Fund for the Community Benefit Related to the 2021 America’s Cup will not fund
In addition, the Lottery Fund for Community Benefit Related to the 2021 America’s Cup will not fund:
- parties, festivals or ‘fan-zones’
- commercial and profit-making activity
- operating costs that are primarily for running the America’s Cup event and related regattas
- funding requests from individuals
- requests for feasibility studies, conservation plans or seismic assessment reports.
The Lottery Fund for Community Benefit Related to the 2021 America’s Cup will be available to receive requests at the beginning of November 2018.
Other funding criteria are being developed and will be added shortly.