The purpose of the Lottery Fund for Community Benefit Related to the 2021 America’s Cup is to create community benefit throughout Aotearoa from Auckland hosting the 2021 America’s Cup.
The Fund may provide funding for capital projects and items that:
- relate to the hosting of the 2021 America’s Cup; or
- connect New Zealanders to the 2021 America’s Cup.
Capital projects or items include things like buildings, machines, and equipment. It can also include feasibility studies or specialised studies if they are part of a capital project.
Ngā kaupapa matua / Priorities
Priority is given to applications requesting capital projects and items that:
- will benefit the community in the lead up to, or during, the event as well as post-2021
- show they are an appropriate size and scale for their community
- provide opportunities for a diverse group of people to actively participate, interact or connect
- have community support
- demonstrate the organisation’s ongoing management of the asset in the future.
There are different categories of request
Requests to the Lottery Fund for Community Benefit Related to the 2021 America’s Cup are divided into three categories based on the cost of your project.
The categories of request are listed below:
- Minor projects: A minor capital project is defined as an application with the total project cost of $30,000 or less.
- Small projects: A small project is defined as an application with the total project cost of between $30,000 and $250,000.
- Large projects: A large project is defined as an application with a total project cost of $250,000 or more.
GST component of grants
If your organisation is GST registered, grant payments will be GST exclusive and GST will be added. For example, if the Committee approves a grant of $100,000 to a GST registered organisation, the grant payment will be $115,000.
If your organisation is not registered for GST, grant payments will be GST inclusive.
Information to provide with your request
What information you need to provide with your Lottery Fund for Community Benefit Related to the 2021 America’s Cup request depends on which category it fits into. These categories are based on the total value of the project.
The table below shows what supporting information you will need to provide depending on the project cost category your request fits into:
|Document||Minor (Projects $30,000 or less)||Small (Projects $30,000 to $250,000)||Large (Projects $250,000 plus)||Other (Studies/Reports)|
|Number of quotes||2 quotes||3 quotes||3 quotes||1 quote|
|Quantity survey*||Not required||Not required||Required||Not required|
|Signed contract for work being undertaken*||Not required||Not required||Required||Not required|
|Project budget||Required||Required||Required||Not required|
|Project brief||Not required||Not required||Not required||Required|
|Project plan||Not required||Required||Required||Not required|
|Support letters||Not required
||2 Required||2 Required||Not required|
|Concept drawings||Not required||Required||Required||Not required|
|Land ownership*||Not required||Required||Required||Not required|
|Building consent*||Not required||Required||Required||Not required|
|Resource consent*||Not required||Required||Required||Not required|
|Feasibility studies and / or specialist reports*||Not required||Not required
|Project manager||Not required||Not required||Required||Not required|
Ngā kaupapa kāore e tautokona ā-pūtea / What we don't fund
Additional to what the Lottery Grants Board won't fund, this Fund will not provide grants for the following:
- parties, festivals or ‘fan-zones’
- commercial and profit-making activity
- operating costs that are primarily for running the America’s Cup event and related regattas
- funding requests from individuals
Lottery grants may not be used for any of the following:
- repaying or servicing debt
- refinancing loans, deposits or underwriting projects
- commercial, political and/or religious objectives, including employment and/or business initiatives, commercial enterprises, political advocacy or projects which seek to change legislation
- fundraisers and projects which seek to raise funds in or for a specific sector, or are involved with the training or employment of fundraisers
- projects which seek to redistribute funding to others
- overseas aid or disaster relief
- alcohol and drug treatment, education and support services
- medical expenses, operations, treatments or the purchase of major items of health equipment
- capital investment or trust funds
- projects or activities completed (retrospective funding) or items bought before the request.
When you can apply
The Lottery Fund for Community Benefit Related to the 2021 America’s Cup is always open.
Each request received by the published 'cut-off' date will be considered by the Committee at the next decision meeting.
- Requests for the Fund received by 5 March 2019 will be considered at the 24 April meeting.
- Requests for the Fund received by 29 April 2019 will be considered at the 12 June meeting.
- Requests for the Fund received by 25 June 2019 will be considered at the 13 September meeting.
- Requests for the Fund received by 21 August 2019 will be considered at the 26 November meeting.
- Requests for the Fund received by 14 October 2019 will be considered at the 28 January 2020 meeting.
- Requests for the Fund received by 13 December 2019 will be considered at the 1 April 2020 meeting.