If you are having difficulty logging in, please email email@example.com
Alternatively, call 0800 824 824 to leave a voicemail message and we will get back to you as soon as we can.
To log straight into the online grants management system, follow the link below:
Log into the grants management system
If you have not signed into the grants and client management system before, you will need to set up a RealMe account. You will be prompted to do this when you log in to the grants and client management system for the first time.
You can also set up a RealMe account on the RealMe website. For more information, follow the link below:
Me pēhea te tuku tono pūtea mā tō rōpū hapori
How to make a funding request for your community organisation
Follow these instructions to make a funding request in the Department of Internal Affairs' online grants management system on behalf of your community organisation.
You need a RealMe login to access the grants management system. You can use your existing RealMe login if you have one already, or you can create one when you begin. You do not need a verified RealMe account.
Step 1: Create your personal profile
- Log in to the grants management system using your RealMe login.
- Enter your name and contact details into the registration area.
- Select 'submit request'.
If your registration is successful you will receive an email confirmation. We will contact you if there are any issues.
Step 2: Link to your organisation’s Organisation profile
- Select ‘My profile’ to view your details.
- From here, select ‘Link to a group/organisation’. You can connect to an existing Organisation profile or a new one.
Link to an existing organisation
Enter the Organisation ID and select ‘save’.
You will be linked to this Organisation profile once the organisation’s Profile Secretary has confirmed your connection to it. If you do not have the Organisation ID, ask the Profile Secretary for this.
You can also contact us directly by calling the contact centre on 0800 824 824 and asking to speak to a Funding Administrator, or by contacting an office. To find a local Hāpai Hapori (Community Operations) office, follow the link below:
Link to a new organisation
Enter the group name and location, then confirm you have the authority to do this. Select ‘save’.
Once a Funding Administrator has confirmed this organisation requires a new Organisation profile, you will be linked to it and receive an email confirmation. The Funding Administrator will contact you if they have any questions.
Step 3: Fill in an online request form
- Select ‘create a request’ to view a list of funds open for requests.
- Select the fund you want to apply to and fill in the form.
- You can save your draft by selecting ‘Save’. Draft will appear in the sidebar under ‘Saved drafts’. Click ‘edit’ in the top left hand corner to continue filling out your request.
- Once you have completed your request and uploaded any supporting information, send it for consideration by selecting ‘submit’ in the bottom left hand corner.
What an organisation needs
An organisation requesting funding must have:
- Two people with the right to sign the organisation’s bank accounts.
- A cashbook (hard-copy or electronic) that is updated regularly.
- A person responsible for the organisation’s financial information.
- An up-to-date Organisation profile in our online grants management system.
- A document from the bank showing the organisation's bank details. This could be a bank statement, printed deposit slip or letter from the bank confirming the account name and number.
An organisation may need to have:
- If the Profile secretary has changed in the grants management system, a document confirming who is now the Profile secretary.
- A record of the grants awarded from other funders.
- Reported back on any completed Hāpai Hapori grants.
- Up-to-date tax records.