The Chair of the Trust is appointed by the Minister of Defence and the Minister of Veterans’ Affairs. The Returned Services Association (RSA) appoints two Trustees and the New Zealand Viet Nam Veterans Association (VVA) appoints two Trustees.
The current Trustees are:
- Lindsay Pope - Chair (Settlor appointee)
- Patrick Duggan (RSA appointee)
- Rob Hughes (RSA appointee)
- Pamela Miley-Terry (VVA appointee)
- Graham Gibson (VVA appointee).
The Trust is administered by the Department of Internal Affairs, at no cost to the Trust.