Organisations receiving grants are expected to show how their community facility will help the community and:
- increase the community’s strength and its ability to look after its own needs and achieve more
- provide opportunities for people to join in social, recreational, civil or cultural activities
- reduce or overcome barriers that prevent people taking part in those activities.
New or improved community facilities should help communities to achieve their outcomes, including:
- providing more or better access to existing community services
- creating more services, or making a bigger range of services available
- improving the ability to respond to community needs
- improving community links and networks.