The Trust may provide grants to help with these types of expenses:
- house repairs, such as repairs to the roof, plumbing or electrical wiring, or replacing fences in disrepair
- buying and/or installing home heating or insulation
- buying practical household items, such as beds
- house alterations needed for medical reasons
- debt from unexpected circumstances, such as vehicle repairs
- orthodontic or optometrist costs
- travel, such as visiting a sick relative, or getting to hospital appointments.
Some educational expenses may be funded, such as books or fees to attend a school which supports children with a disability. The Trust is unlikely to assist with tertiary education or apprenticeship fees.
The Trustees may award a grant to cover expenses you have already paid for.