What is the sector leadership priority for the Community and Volunteering Capability Fund?
Sector leadership funding available through the Community and Volunteering Capability Fund (CVC) aims to help strengthen leadership and capability across the community and voluntary sector.
Sector leadership grants are made to organisations with a national focus whose primary role is to provide leadership and build capability:
- across the whole community and voluntary sector, or
- within a specific interest area of the community and voluntary sector.
Because the funding criteria are specific, it is recommended you contact a Community Advisor before making a funding request to make sure you meet the criteria.
You can contact a Community Advisor by:
- phone on 0800 824 824
- email at CVCFund@dia.govt.nz
Ngā Hua / Outcomes
Grants can be made to organisations who can show how the grant will help meet these outcomes:
- leadership and capability across the sector is strengthened
- collaboration and connection across the sector is strengthened
- social enterprise is fostered
- volunteering is supported
- community-led development is supported and enabled.
The next opening and closing dates for sector leadership funding requests and the Crown Panel meeting date are listed at the link below:
Ngā kaupapa ka tautokona ā-pūtea / What we fund
The Crown Panel will invest in requests that:
- contribute to achieving this fund’s aims and outcomes
- support collaboration and connection across the sector
- support social enterprise
- support volunteering
- support community-led development
- support initiatives that expand services or contribute to the community and voluntary sector.
Ngā kaupapa kāore e tautokona ā-pūtea / What we don’t fund
Organisations that apply for this funding must meet the key funding criteria to be eligible.
We are unlikely to fund organisations:
- that do not have a national focus
- whose primary role is not focussed on providing leadership and capability building to the sector (e.g. the primary role of the organisation is service delivery, advocacy, to provide for its membership etc.), or
- whose primary focus is too narrow (e.g. pest control in the environment sector, or women in the sport sector).