Who are the Crown Panel ?
A Crown Panel gives advice to the Department on requests to the following Crown funds:
- Community-Led Development Programme.
- Support for Volunteering
- Community Internship Programme
- Community Leadership Fund
The Department’s Manager, Southern Operations leads the Crown Panel’s discussions and takes action on their recommendations.
The Crown Panel includes a community member with a community-led development focus and representatives from:
- Te Atamira Taiwhenua, the Department’s kaumātua advisory group
- the Ministry of Pacific Peoples
- the Office of Ethnic Communities.