Are there examples of Natural Heritage plans and reports ?
An example of a plan would be; a plan to restore an ecological area which would:
- identify the area to be restored and have a map and photographs
- say who owns the area and any special status it has
- say whether government agencies, including local councils, have any responsibility for the area and the project
- describe the area, including the species that live there, and say why the area’s natural heritage is important
- describe the condition of the area and why it needs to be restored, and provide a standard to measure the success of the project against
- say what the restoration wants to achieve
- assess any risks from restoring the area, such as the risk of animal and/or plant pests moving in
- say if the project has any legal requirements, such as resource consents
- assess any cultural concerns raised by the project
- provide a plan for how the restoration will be done.