The purpose of the Committee is to support research or evaluation projects by, with and for a community.
A request for Lottery Community Sector Research grant needs to show that:
- it addresses needs identified by the community
- the community will participate in the project
- the results will be of benefit to the wider community.
Requests should also:
- show an understanding of good practice research and evaluation principles
- show proper planning and adequate resources for the proposed research or evaluation activities
- describe the research or evaluation methods you will use
- name the organisations and/or people who will be involved in the project and their roles.
Requests are more likely to be funded if the need for the research or evaluation project and the benefits or outcomes for your organisations, sector or your community, hapū or iwi are clearly shown.
For further information about good practice in community research, you can visit 'What Works' here