Lottery Wellington/Wairarapa Community Committee
The Wellington / Wairarapa Community committee covers:
- all communities within the Masterton, Carterton and South Wairarapa District Council boundaries
- all communities within the Kapiti District Council boundary, and the Porirua City Council boundary
- all communities within the Upper Hutt and Hutt City Council boundaries
- all communities within the Wellington City Council boundary.
Ngā Hua / Outcomes
The Wellington / Wairarapa Community committee outcomes are:
- Vulnerable families and individuals are connected, resilient, self-sufficient and enjoy a good quality of life
- Young people are engaged and positively contribute to work and community
- Communities are connected and respond to changing environments and identified needs through a community led approach
Lower priority is given to requests from organisations:
- Organisations that receive government funding, but are unable to show community need and benefit over and above their contracts
- Organisations and activities that are not integrated into the local community
- Organisations who are sufficiently well resourced (more than 24 months of working capital, unless exceptional circumstances apply)
Lottery Wellington Wairarapa Community has made the following grants:
Request a grant from a regional Lottery Community committee if your project or service is for only one Lottery Community region and will only benefit a community or communities in that region. This includes if your group is an independent branch of a national organisation where your project or service will only benefit the region in which your grant request is made.
There are two funding rounds for Lottery Community each year. The opening and closing dates are the same for all the Lottery Community committees. We receive around 2,500 Lottery Community requests each year. Due to the demand for grants please try to submit your Lottery Community requests well before the closing dates.