Lottery Otago Southland Community Committee
The Otago Southland Community committee area covers:
- all communities within the Queenstown Lakes and Central Otago District Council boundaries
- all communities within the Waitaki District south of the Waitaki River
- all communities within the Clutha District Council boundaries, and all suburbs and communities within the Dunedin City Council boundary
- all communities within the Southland and Gore District Council boundaries, and all suburbs within the Invercargill City Council boundary.
Ngā Hua / Outcomes
The Otago Southland Community committee outcomes are:
- people are engaged and involved in community life.
- there is increased community collaboration between service providers within communities, and duplication of services is reduced.
- increased community ability to be innovative, resilient and responsive to change and opportunities
- positive contributions are made to the life, vibrancy and identity of communities to enhance enjoyment for all its members.
- rurally isolated communities have increased support.
Lower priority is given to requests from the following areas:
- organisations that receive government funding, but are unable to show community need and benefit over and above their contract
- organisations that only provide information or whose main service is information.
Lottery Otago Southland Community has made the following grants: