In 2017, six community engagement workshops were held around the country to help the Department of Internal Affairs better understand how we could reduce the administrative burden on community organisations applying for funding.
What came out of these workshops was that community organisations said they wanted greater access to multi-year funding.
We are now seeking feedback on a proposal to introduce multi-year funding to three of the funding schemes we administer:
- the Community Organisation Grant Scheme (COGS);
- the Community Leadership Fund and;
- the Support for Volunteering Fund.
You can download the proposal documents from the two links below. These provide details on what multi-year funding would look like in each fund, and what the benefits and the implications of multi-year funding are for community organisations and decision makers.
- Consultation on introducing multi-year funding into the Community Organisation Grants Scheme (PDF, 495KB)
- Consultation on introducing multi-year funding into the Community Leadership Fund (PDF, 492KB)
- Consultation on introducing multi-year funding into the Support for Volunteering Fund (PDF, 618KB)
Your feedback will be collated and presented to the Minister for the Community and Voluntary Sector, who will make a decision on whether to introduce multi-year funding to these funds. If multi-year funding is approved, the intention is for it to be introduced in time for the 2019/20 funding round.
You opportunity to participate in multi-year funding consultation will be open until Wednesday, 3 October 2018 at 5pm.
If you have any questions about the contents of the consultation documents or the multi-year funding process, please call 0800 824 824 or email Amanda Feast at firstname.lastname@example.org.