What are the Pacific Development and Conservation Trust's priorities?
The Trust prefers to fund projects that:
- promote social, cultural and economic self-sufficiency
- improve legal access to facilities or resources necessary for social, cultural and economic self sufficiency
- improve health, living standards and quality of life
- protect endangered or threatened species
- protect unique habitats and ecosystems
- promote sustainable management and use of natural resources
- protect or restore sites of important historical, environmental or cultural heritage
- raise awareness of, or improve access to, historical, environmental or cultural heritage
- build capacity in local communities particularly for developing indigenous ecological knowledge
- improve cooperation and communication between communities
- encourage peace, security and greater understanding between people, cultures and communities.