What do I need to think about when planning to make a community internship request?
When planning a community internship request, think about:
- why the internship is needed and what will be achieved
- how the internship will improve the host organisation’s ability to do its work and make it stronger
- the amount needed to pay the intern (this should be the same as their current salary)
- ways to support the intern during the internship
- what systems the host organisation has in place to manage an internship
- how the host organisation will achieve the internship outcomes
- the benefits and outcomes from the internship, even after it is over
- ways to share knowledge after the internship is over.