How do I apply to be a Lottery Committee Member?
Call for nominations to Lottery Distribution Committees
The Minister of Internal Affairs has approved a call for nominations for roles on Lottery distribution committees for terms beginning in early 2019. The Lottery distribution committees distribute the profits of New Zealand lotteries for community purposes.
This is a large nominations round with 46 positions for appointment or reappointment. The relevant committees are listed below.
List of Committees calling for nominations
National Lottery committees:
- Lottery Community Facilities Committee and the Lottery Significant Projects Fund Committee (these two committees share the same members)
- Lottery Community Sector Research Committee
- Lottery Health Research Committee
- Lottery National Community Committee and the Lottery Outdoor Safety Committee (these two committees share the same members)
- Oranga Marae Committee
Lottery Community committees (regional distribution committees):
- Lottery Northland Community Committee
- Lottery Auckland Community Committee
- Lottery Bay of Plenty / Gisborne Community Committee
- Lottery Waikato Community Committee
- Lottery Hawke’s Bay Community Committee
- Lottery Taranaki Community Committee
- Lottery Manawatu / Whanganui Community Committee
- Lottery Wellington / Wairarapa Community Committee
- Lottery Canterbury / Kaikoura Community Committee
- Lottery West Coast / Nelson-Marlborough Community Committee
- Lottery Otago / Southland Community Committee
A person may be nominated by an organisation, by someone else, or by the person themselves. Nominations will not necessarily result in a person being appointed.
Information about what each committee does, the skills and experience committee members should have, the time commitment and the fees paid is included for each committee in the Lottery distribution committees information sheet at the link below:
- Lottery Community Facilities and Significant Projects Fund distribution committee information sheet (.pdf) (461KB)
- Lottery Community Sector Research distribution committee information sheet (.pdf) (440KB)
- Lottery Health Research distribution committee information sheet (.pdf) (471KB)
- Lottery National Community Committee and the Lottery Outdoor Safety distribution committee information sheet (.pdf) (457KB)
- Oranga Marae distribution committee information sheet (.pdf) (463KB)
- Lottery Regional Community distribution committee (.pdf) (508KB)
Please complete the nomination and declaration form, which can be downloaded from the link below:
One the nomination and declaration form is completed, please send it, with an up-to-date CV for the nominated person, to Michael.email@example.com.
Nominations close at 5.00pm on 27 January 2019.