What does the Youth Worker Training Scheme not fund?
The Youth Worker Training Scheme does not fund:
- requests made through organisations that do not employ youth workers
- long-term courses of study at universities or polytechnics (e.g. a degree or a diploma)
- overseas travel (e.g. to a conference)
- retrospective requests for training that has already occurred
- training that does not increase the quality of youth work practices
- training that promotes religious, political or commercial objectives, including:
- commercial enterprises (e.g. private training organisations, or for-profit initiatives)
- courses with religious content (e.g. religious studies)
- employment or business initiatives (e.g. general work-start programmes)
- political advocacy projects (e.g. lobbying events for political groups).
- requests can be made by religious-based organisations, but not for religious-based training.
- this Scheme is for youth workers and is not intended for training providers to deliver youth work training programmes.
- there are other grant opportunities that may suit your organisation’s purpose, or Generosity New Zealand may help you find funding better suited to your organisation’s purpose.